I hope you guys are all having a fabulous start to the week! I’ve been toying around with the idea of a full faced makeup look for the blog. All my beauty blog posts focus on makeup on the eyes, but I thought I’d give a peak into a full faced makeup look, and that’s what I have today! This is a mostly drugstore matte makeup tutorial with some deep-red-rose hues. It has a smoky effect and it’s simply wonderful for a date night or even a night out with friends! I really hope you guys like this, so let’s get on with the look!
- In this Sri Lankan heat, it’s impossible to put on a non-melting face, so I try to use some sort of primer. I’ve been loving the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm has a hack for primer because it’s tacky and doesn’t leave any shine. Apply this erryywhere and wait until it’s tacky on your skin to apply foundation.
- I mixed the Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup in the colour Fresh Sand and the Maybelline Matte + Poreless foundation in the shade 330 to use as my foundation for this look. I mix these two because I think it gives the perfect yellow-toned foundation to my caramel skin. You can read my review about these two products here!
- I set the foundation with my Wet N Wild Contour Palette in the darkest colour (there’s only shades anyway!). The yellow powder works as a great alternative to the Anastasia Beverly Hill Banana Powder, and the contouring colour is an ideal match for my skin for the rest of the face.
- Next, to tame the brows. My brows are a piece of work, let me tell you that. I haven’t found a need to use an eyebrow product specifically, so my eyeliner pencil from Rimmel works PERFECTLY. You guys can see the difference in my brows. LOOK. It’s MAGIC. 😀 Anyway, I use light brush strokes after lining the top and bottom outlines of my brow and brush it with a spooly (is that how you spell it?). I will definitely have a blog post on how I do my brows if anyone’s interested!
- After making my brows okay-ish, I used my Milani cream-to-powder foundation in X to contour my skin ‘cause my chubby cheeks need some love, guys! I use it on my temples, my cheekbones and the jawline. Then, I set it with the bronzing colour of from the Wet N Wild contour palette.
- Now for the eyes. I use my trusty Love & Beauty Matte makeup palette from Forever21. It’s all matte, erryythang and this is the only palette I used. I started off with colours matching my skin tone on the lid to even out my skin, then the show for today’s look this deep pink-brown as my crease colour. I went over the whole lid with a berry purple colour, and used my ELF concealer brush to blend it all in (BLENDING IS KEY!).
- I followed the line of my bottom lashes with the deep berry and maroon-red color with a hint of a brown colour to smoke it up. Then, lined my eyes with a thick winged liner, followed by mascara!
- I finally finished up this look with a creamy matte mauve-pink lippie from the Wet N Wild Fergie Collection!
That’s it! I hope you guys like my look, and I’ll see you guys in my next post!