I was quite reluctant to post this because this recipe is a no-brainer. It’s so easy that I thought everyone would have already figured it out. However, after talking to a few people, they never put the infamous Knorr Cheddar Broccoli Rice packets and Italian sausage together! So, without any more waiting, here’s my recipe for a perfect dinner (with plenty of leftovers) if you’re in a hurry! And I swear, it took me 15 minutes to cook all of this!
Here’s what you’ll need (for five servings):
- Two packets of Knorr Cheddar Broccoli Rice
- 2/3 pound of Hot ground Italian sausage (you can use traditional instead of hot)
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp chili powder
Let’s get right into how I made it:
- Bring four cups of water to a boil and add the rice packets (you can also just add the water and rice together and bring to a boil).
- Start cooking the sausage and as it turns brown, add in the chili flakes and powder. If you’re not a fan of heat, just use paprika for some color.
- Cook the rice for about 12 minutes and it should have a thick consistency, like this:
- Add in the sausage into the rice and mix well. Add in any of the fat remaining in the meat into the rice as it is chock-full of flavor!
- And devour (with leftovers for days if you’re not feeding a crowd!)
It’s so creamy and a hearty dinner that will satisfyingly fill you up! The sausage has hints of mint in it which is a great touch to the entire dish! I hope you guys like this easy-as-pie dish!