Hope everybody had a great weekend and pumped for the week! This recipe will definitely satisfy you after a long day at work, university or whatever.
I love a good parma! Iv never attempted to make a normal parma at home so I thought I’ll kick it up a notch and make it a little healthy. Quinoa is the best! Gives you that extra protein on top of the protein in the chicken. I used it to make the crust and I baked it instead of frying. I used a store bought marinara sauce because I’m a busy university student and I don’t have time to make my own (wish I did!). I added some chilli powder to the sauce because I like it when it has a slight spicy kick. It’s up to you. I paired it with some boiled vegetables but that is also up to you.
I was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted and how there wasn’t a big difference compared to a normal parma in terms of taste and look. It’s really easy to make so it hardly requires any effort. I loved it and I hope you like it too! On to the recipe…
- Chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp of flour
- 3 tbsp of Marinara sauce
- 1 tsp of Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp of Light mozzarella cheese or cheese of choice
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
1) Preheat the oven to 180 celcius and line a baking tray with aluminium foil and grease it with olive oil and set aside
2) Cook the quinoa according to package instructions and add the Italian herbs, mix and place it in a bowl
5) Dunk the chicken in the flour, shake the excess off and dunk in the egg and then the quinoa. I covered the chicken with quinoa on one side. You can do both sides if you wish. Drizzle a little olive oil on top.
7) Take the chicken out, spread the sauce and top it with cheese and bake for a further 5 mintues for the cheese to melt and take it out.
That’s it! It’s ready to serve with whatever side you want to pair it with!