I hope your weekend has been fabulous! As summer is nearing its end, I’ve been playing around with makeup looks that are as summery as possible to get the most of out of the season (yet, shall we take a moment to acknowledge that it’s blisteringly summer every day of the year here?). So with that in mind, and staying with the promise to create a look with this palette, here’s a subtle shimmery pink look that’s ridiculously easy. I will also most likely post a smokier version of this look, but that is still a work in progress! Anyway, let’s get into the tutorial, I hope you guys like it!
- As usual, I started off priming my eyelids. With the summer heat beating down, I want to make sure my makeup lasts for as long as it possibly can, and primers are essential. I used the ELF Eye Primer in Sheer. It’s super inexpensive, and does the job, so who’s complaining? Also, apologies for the orange-toned lighting in the first few images.
- I used a nude-toned base color all over my lids to even out my skin tone there. I used a mixture of two nude color tones from the Forever21 Love & Beauty palette.
- Going into the Roses palette, I used the color Rose Gold all over the lid and Almond toward the inner corner to brighten my eyes. I used a flat brush to pack into my lids.
- To smoke out the look a little more, and to add some depth, I went ahead with the Mousse color towards the outer corner and blended it with the ELF concealer brush (clearly, I don’t use the brushes for its designated purposes!).
- I cleaned up the outer corner with a Q-Tip and some makeup remover and then used my current drugstore favorite liquid eyeliner from Wet N Wild to create a thin winged liner.
- Curled up my lashes and added a few coats of the Wet N Wild lengthening mascara. I’m loving Wet N Wild at the moment, as you can so obviously see! I didn’t want to use falsies just because it’s too much of a hassle and this makeup look is a quick and easy 5 minute tutorial!
That completes the look! I hope you guys like it, and I’ll see you very soon!