These are the easiest cookies you will make. They are gooey and just delicious. For anyone who loves chocolate, like myself, these are perfect for you! It’s a chocolate cookie dough with more chocolate in it. It literally takes 10 minutes to make the dough, then 11 minutes in the oven and voila you have freshly baked cookies to indulge in.
- 200g of softened butter
- 250g of caster sugar
- 275g of self-raising flour
- 75g of good quality cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 bar of dark chocolate (I used Lindt 70% dark chocolate)
- 1/2 bar of milk or white chocolate (I used Cadbury milk chocolate)
*Use any amount of chocolate and any type of chocolate you prefer. You can also add other candy. For example, M&M’s.
1. Weigh out the ingredients and roughly chop the chocolate into chunky pieces. Pre-heat the oven to 200 celcius.
2. Combine the flour and cocoa powder and set aside.
3. Beat together the butter and caster sugar until well combined.
4. Add the egg and beat again.
5. Then add the flour mixture little bit at a time until everything is well mixed. (If the mixture seems dry, add a dash of milk)
6. Add in the chopped chocolate and mix well using a wooden spoon or your hand.
7. Use a handful of dough, make rough circular shapes and place them on a tray with baking paper. Make sure there is enough space in between each cookie dough as it expands during baking.
8. Bake for 11-12 minutes and no more. It may seem like it is under done but trust me you need to take it out of the oven and let it rest.
That’s it! It’s mouth-wateringly good.