I thought I’d let you guys know how to make my stir fry noodles! I picked up this recipe by watching my mom cook this when I was young. This dish depends a lot on how well and how long you fry your vegetables for.It does have quite a few ingredients but most are household items. It makes quite a large portion which can be eaten over a few days which is useful if you are a student like myself or it’s good for a family dinner.
It should be complimented with a side dish such as chicken curry, egg curry, chicken stir fry and more. Give it a go! On to the recipe.
- 2 1/2 tbsp of sunflower oil or oil of choice
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of minced ginger
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 a medium onion chopped
- 1 large carrot sliced
- 1 bunch of leaks chopped (or 1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of peanuts
- 1/2 cup of sultanas
- 1 packet of rice vermicelli
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- Salt to taste
1) Boil 1 litre of water. Break the vermicelli into small pieces and place in a bowl. Then add the boiled water till it covers the noodles.
2) Strain the water out after 1 minute in which time the noodles should be cooked and leave it aside
3) Add the oil and the butter to a wok or any large pan
4) Once it’s melted add the carrots and fry for 4 minutes and stir occasionally
5) Then add the ginger, garlic and onions and fry for a few mins
5) Fry for minute and add the peanuts, sultans, chilli powder and salt
6) Follow with small amounts of noodles at a time till everything is combined. Using a metal or any spatula break apart the clumps of noodles till it’s properly mixed with the vegetable.
Hope you enjoyed this! It’s delicious!