I know it’s a little early to be putting up the Christmas makeup look, but WHO CARES. We’re almost to December and it’s the most exciting time of the year! For this Christmas, I decided to go with a cranberry and gold smokey eye with a hint of smudged black in between. So it’s like a triple layer of eyeshadow perfection and it pairs well with so many outfits. You can add a bold or nude lip and it’ll perfectly compliment the look! Enough with my spiel, let’s get on to the tutorial:
- Start off with a good eyeshadow primer since you’ll most likely be wearing the look for a while. My friend recommended using a concealer as an alternative to primer, and I used the Clinique Advanced Concealer. I love how it has a silky texture and it’s very easy to put on.
- I set the concealer with a white matte eyeshadow (I used the Love and Beauty Matte Eyeshadow Palette).
- I used a shimmery soft baby pink shadow from L.A. Colors in Dreamy all over the lid.
- I used the cranberry color from the Love and Beauty palette on the outer corner just to give the look some initial depth and dimension.
- I added a shimmery gold shadow, concentrating on the lower lash line. This pot is from Profusion, and I’m surprised how pigmented it was considering how inexpensive the brand is! (Shout out to great drugstore brands!)
- To make the look the “triple shadow,” I added some matte black on the outer corner of the eye, focusing it between the gold and cranberry. I winged the black a little so that it will complement well with the winged liner.
- I used my NYC liquid eyeliner and with a steady hand, drew a winged liner. It’s not very dramatic as we’ll add false lashes next. If you’re not into the false lash scene, you can finish it off here with a few coats of mascara and some black shadow along the bottom lash line!
- If you want to go all out and add some falsies, go for it! I used the Kiss lashes in “Shy.” I love, love, love Kiss lashes. They’re beautifully tapered at the end and application is ridiculously easy!
- Once your lashes are on, add another coat of mascara to lock in your real lashes with your falsies and if add some liquid liner along the lash line to hide the line of the false lashes.
- Smoke out the bottom lash line with some black eyeshadow and you’re golden! (really!) *apologies for the change in light in the last two photographs!*
That is it, guys! Hope you enjoy the look! I’ll be back soon!