I decided to bake these on a Saturday afternoon because I realised I had some bananas that were too ripe to eat on its own. Thought I’d use it to bake something without wasting it. These muffins are so easy to make and yummy. All the ingredients can be found in your kitchen because they are common household ingredients. It’s light and fluffy with a gooey center. The chocolate to banana ratio is perfect. These muffins have a chocolate surprise which makes them even better! Anyways on to the recipe!
- 100g brown sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 3 tsp quality cocoa powder
- 125ml vegetable oil or any flavourless oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Lindt Lindor Blocks (use any chocolate you like)
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200C and line a muffin tray with muffin or cup cake cases.
3) Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and the cocoa powder.
5) Beat using a stand mixer and add the oil, sugar and vanilla. You end up with a wet mixture.
6) Add the flour mixture a few table spoons at a time till it’s all mixed in.
8) Place 1 square of chocolate in the middle.
Hope you enjoyed this!