I’ve been playing around with this recipe for quite a while now, adding different ingredients and playing with the temperature and cooking time until I feel like I got it just right! So, I’m finally happy to post this and hope that you guys enjoy it too! t’s my healthy baked quesadilla recipe! It’s super delicious with a ton of veggies, sausage, and cheese! The final result is a lightly golden crunchy tortilla with gooey cheese and succulent veggies in the middle!
Let’s get right into what you’ll need for two servings:
- Four tortillas (I used whole wheat soft taco style tortillas)
- 1/2 can of black beans (I used the organic kind)
- 1/2 medium sized white onion
- 1/2 large green pepper
- 2 medium sized carrots grated
- 1/4 pound of hot Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup of grated mild cheddar (or any other cheese you like!)
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp butter
Here’s what to do:
- Start off with preheating the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (approx. 233C)
- Add in 1 tbsp of butter and soften all the veggies in a pan at medium heat
- Add in the sausage into a separate pan and cook until beautiful color. As the color starts to develop, add in the chili flakes and chili powder for added flavor!
- Once the veggies have mostly cooked and the meat is done, mix it together.
- Butter one side of the tortilla and face that side down on a tin foil covered tray. Then add part of your cheese (this is the glue for the entire quesadilla) and the beans! (I accidentally switched this up by adding the beans first and then the cheese in the picture, but ignore that, haha!)
- Add in the meat and veggie combination and more cheese on top. Then place another tortilla on top with the buttered side facing up.
- Add it into the oven and let it cook for about 10 minutes. When you take it out, the outside should be golden and crispy whilst the inside is coated with the melted cheese!
- Cut it into quarters and devour!
I hope you guys enjoy this delicious recipe! It’s a great dinner with left over for the next day if you don’t plan on sharing it, haha!
Thank you so much and I’ll see you guys very soon!