Ever find yourself too busy to cook but still want something delicious for a quick lunch or even dinner? I have the perfect recipe for you! It is my oven roast chicken recipe! You can use breasts, thighs or legs and you will get the same delicious result (I’ve tried all of these and they work amazingly). You can be in an out of the kitchen in 30 minutes, and you only have to do very little preparation! The chicken comes out super moist and succulent and just delicious!
Let’s jump right into what you’ll need (for two servings):
- 2 chicken breasts/thighs/legs
- 1.5 cups of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of salt*
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder/paprika*
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
* If you don’t like a lot of salt, reduce to how much you’d use normally.
** If you want the color but not the heat, use paprika instead of chili powder.
Here’s what to do:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (or approx. 233C).
- Add your salt to the warm water and place the chicken. Let it sit for 15 minutes. This helps the chicken retain its juices. You can leave it up to about five hours, but not anymore than that!
- Pat the meat dry and place on an oven tray over some aluminum foil.
- Melt the butter and brush it over the chicken liberally.
- Rub in all the dry ingredients (salt, pepper, chili powder/paprika, onion powder) and then top it off with some dried basil.
- Put the tray into the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Once cooked, take the chicken out and let it rest for about 5 minutes (this helps the meat absorb back all its juices!).
- Plate it with some leafy greens (or some boiled veggies) and you’re ready to devour it.
And that is it, guys! Doesn’t it sound ridiculously easy? Yes, it does and it definitely is! The outside it lightly crispy with juicy meat inside! I hope you guys enjoy recreating this! I’ll see you very soon!